a new year. i love taking down the tree and putting away all the decorations and sweeping the floor. i love the feeling of starting over with a clean slate. of detoxifying from all that sugar and fat of the holidays that start in october. the cleansing power of water (and coffee). of rearranging and rethinking and reframing (the theme of this past weekend). i love how it feels to be on the cusp of a year so wonderful i can't even manage to put it down on paper and make words rise up around it.
this year will be filled with:
*witnessing three beautiful babies being born into the world
*completion of my doula training, and finally becoming a certified doula
*watching my own children grow, change, and challenge
*eating vegetables and making a commitment to being more mindful about what we put into our bodies (we're not giving up dessert, though, no way)
*lots of snuggling
*massage, massage, and more massage. building a business.
*keeping up with wellness appointments
*reframing when necessary
*the gathering of friends, loved ones, and lost souls at our home
*more crafting, forward-thinking, clean living
*recycling
*honoring our feelings
*relying on others for help
*debriefing, celebrations, living every day like it's a party.
happy 2007. watch out...here we come.
20 comments:
love this post!
i love how you cease the moment and burst into 2007. amazing.
seize! i meant seize!
Here here! I love your list, it was great. Listen I have to call the hotel in Lake George about July and see prices and such I'll let you know after I talk to them if you are still interested in joining us for some vacationing!
all good on this here list!! happy new year and it is so good to have a clean slate ~ i totally agree.
Happy New Year! There is nothing better than a clean slate, that's for sure.
your post made me cry and it's the only thing about today that is even coming close to inspiring me. thank you for that.
What a wonderful 2006 you had. It is nice to look back and see how much you have achieved and how much you are thankful for. Thank you for making me look back as well. I have been so blessed this year. Thank you.
xoxo,
Steph
I CANNOT wait for our date on Friday. Fingers and toes crossed for healthy family members!
I ahve officially blogged again! thanks for always being my inspiration:)
That was the most optimistic New Year's blog I have ever seen. I just hope my plane doesn't crash on the way back to Spain. That's my resolution. Don't take a plane that crashes. And if it does? I wouldn't be surprised. Just my luck.
Prospero Ano!
happy new year! cheers to freshness and inspiration :)
Loved your post and the quiet photo with it...I am moving into some of the same spaces you mention here. Working hard towards others. Your writing is always so gentle and lovely...Happy new beginnings!
--D.--
Happy New Year Nina!!! I am with you on the cleaning of the holiday decorations, and the cleansing of the sugar and Christmas treats. It is enjoyable...but then it is time to stop and breathe.
Your list is full of life and love and promise...and that is uplifting and inspiring.
I wish you so much happiness!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Jen
Oh Nina Beana, CMT (now that I know you love the fancy initials, I shall include them! Hee hee!) I am so, so excited for you. This list makes you happy.
P.S. Stay tuned for some very exciting possibilities of some coffee and sunshine lovin' on the East Coast! Hee hee hee! I may be comin' your way some time this summer. WOO HOO!
Happy New Year, darlin'. XO
Um, and I meant this list makes ME happy. Not YOU. I didn't mean to force happiness upon you that way. "THIS LIST MAKES YOU HAPPY!"
No, it makes me happy. Although, it probably makes you happy, too since you wrote it.
ANYWAYS!
Can you send me the directions on how to put my pic with my comment???
Oh my God I wish that I could! Maybe Saturday??? I may be in Vermont but if i am home???
I heart you in 2007....I wish my baby was one of the three.....
love you.....
A
hooray you're a doula! that's so freaking awesome!
i love this entry....your hopes for 2007 are fabulous and doable.
i am wishing you the best year imagineable!!
love,
me
Ah, hon, I wish we were neighbors so I could drink tea with you an watch your year unfold first hand :)
Beautiful post.
I really liked your list! I also need to do a bit more "reframing" in my life. Everything seems so absolute sometimes with me. Encouraging post!
Post a Comment