Thursday, January 11, 2007

grateful thursday stream of conciousness

(femiknit's hands and stencils and scissors...all the good things)

colorful rings, salt and pepper shakers filled with glitter, pages of journals filled with children's drawings, watching my daughter run off to her friends when i drop her off to school, surprise presents of my favorite stella artois, preparing a package for a special someone, styling my little ponies' hair all day long, watching my family and friends interact while i sit back and relax, ebay items being bid up to ridonkulous amounts, sitting down for a bit of bloggie inspiration, taking the day off from work because of "emergency dental work", and stealing that phrase from last night's episode of top chef, even though i thoroughly made fun of it at the time, prepping, karen dalton's "in my own time" (get it now, it's incredible!), ben harper, planning dates for the weekend, boo having the day off tomorrow, making a meal to send to my mother-in-law for her dinner tonight just because i felt like taking caramel, eating garlic bread for breakfast even though i have a 2pm dental appointment and they are probably going to die when they smell the combo of four cups of coffee and leftover garlic powder emanating from my insides, green kitchen's comment on my 'overdue post' post about how she got to witness a birth and it was on her life list (go check it out, it made my life!), feminknit's post and subway picture of me with coffee (surprise surprise) and our freezer paper stencil adventures, new sheets on our beds, dancing to aunties jo&lib's dance mix at top volume, mr. wendell (i freakin' love that song, still), wearing a hat today and not taking a shower and not caring, recycling more, swiss cheese and canned soup and stuffing and rice and chicken and garlic bread and NO vegetables and not caring, homemade ice cream pies- my new signature non-recipe that i'm bringing everywhere so be ready, the book 'the birth house' by ami mckay that is causing me to loose sleep at night, listening to my radio show in the morning, reframing situations when i feel angry toward people, living a commune-like life, watching people snuggle in blankets on my couches, grace eating my earlobes even though it drives me crazy, joey starting to hug and snuggle and be daring and exploratory (you know, like eating safety pins behind my back), cleaning the mold out of the shower, stretching, superman with joey and having him drool on my face and shirt, my inspiration board and plans to reorganize it, grace's drawing of john with a little thing coming out of his eye and she says "oh, that's daddy's ipod" and we don't have ipods so i have no idea how she even knows that words and is able to use it abstractly

happy thursday. almost the weekend peeps.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

reframing situations when i feel angry towards people.....words to live by dear nina. your stream of conscious post here is inspiring.

Jecca said...

you just made me take a deep deep breath and i needed it.

Left-handed Trees... said...

Stream of consciousness suits you...this was beautiful. (Plus now I've got another book to find...)
Love,
D.

*the mama said...

feb, 12th, but there is NO WAY we will go that long.....I think soon.

TILT - NINA's Inspirations....

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL list! Good luck with the dentist today. I'm already in preparation for a March appt with tons of flossing and brushing and mouthwash. I like to be in and out at quickly as possible!

Love ya,
Steph

AMANDA said...

Now that is a list my friend. Love it!

mint and orange said...

love your lists... always so positivo

Anonymous said...

I am so addicted to Top Chef!! And this was a show I said I would never watch. I love it! I think I am going to add some "foam" to my soup tonight (TEEHEE!!!). I think Marcel would put foam on a sausage! Next week looks like it's going to be a great episode! Love it, love it! I even have the hubby watching now. He was rooting for Mike.

I'm wearing the hat today too! LOL! I didn't feel like even brushing my hair.

Again, thanks for being the best kind of medicine for my spirit!

Much love to my favorite mama!
Tab

PS: I want some ice-cream pie!

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I have been embraced in a big warm hug when I read your Grateful posts...and goodness, would you please come over to my house and cook up some of the comfort food??? YUMMY!!!!! he he

xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

lovin your list, appreciating your dentist bravery, inspired to make a new kids mix for your dancing pleasure, reminded to stretch at my desk, smiling about grace's vocabulary, dreaming about spending warm crafty tea time together. xo, jojee