
i heart earth mothery days when everything seems to be aligned and i have an endless supply of patience and i actually fold laundry and do the food shopping and take the kids to the library for playgroup and don't freak out when joey bites my arm off and it's wednesday and the meal is ready to be prepped and the dessert is in the freezer waiting to be eaten and my bathroom is dirty but i don't care and i've got on a big sari-like scarf that i wrap my kids heads in because it's so cold and the house fills up with the smell of nag champa and gray is busy on the floor sorting through photobooth strips and i breastfeed in public and not give a damn what anyone thinks and the milk explodes in the grocery bag and drips all over the house but who cares, because i'm an earth mama today and my legs can go unshaved and i can have seasame seeds in my teeth, but i've got a stack of strawberry shortcake valentines day cards to do with my girl and lots of milk to produce for my guy, and some serious lovin' to do.
quotes from grace this morning in bed:
"mama, you're a whale. you go to work and you massage dolphins."
and
"mama, i see your fanny. i wanna go scuberdiving in there."
and then yesterday's quote of the day:
"mama, i'm picking my boogers. they are WICKED delicious. seriously. go ahead. try some. try some mama, you'll LOVE them."
21 comments:
what a beautiful,inspiring post mama!
peace&love,
Kim
I love Grace's thoughts. She really is deep for a 3 year old and funny as all heck! I can't wait to get my hands on that girl and have a chat!
You always have the most loving, kind, and grateful posts. I can see why Amanda adores you so. I'm becoming a huge fan and I don't even know you. Thanks for the warm fuzzy feelings!
holy crap! your kid makes me laugh.
seriously mama, my favorite post ever. seriously.
Gracisms seriously make my entire day!!! Your post was gorgeous. I think you are the best mom ever! You inspire me to be a better mama.
Love ya,
Steph
grace cracks me up, i can't take it anymore.
i wish we all had our babies when we lived in h20-town together. i wanna know them.
you are freaking awesome earth mama.
BIG GRIN!!!
you and your family are perfect!
i love that grace wants to scuba dive in your bum!
You Massachussetians and the use of "wicked." Even the little ones have been tainted!
You are the best mommy. And kudos for public breastfeeding. Loves it!
Ah, your post makes me happy.
That last quote was awesome, what great kids!
how does your girlie come up with the funniest, most innocently quirky sayings? she's amazing. and you're amazing!
Greta thought my dear friend. And I also eat Grace's belly button. What can you do?
loving the blue photo mood lately. so lovely!
you never fail to remind me to think about the good stuff. thank you, thank you Nina. and Grace such a dang crack up!
i so wish we were neighbors. we could drink tea while our kids compare nose mining finds. my oldest (3.5 years) gets truly upset and i'll say "sebast, what's wrong?" and he'll say "my boogers, my boogers are all gone!" then collapse in grief to the floor. alas, i will have to content myself to raising a cuppa to you from miles and miles away. here's to earth mama days.
Grace is a natural wordsmith! Teehee!
Much love,
Tab
Grace is a natural wordsmith! Teehee!
Much love,
Tab
Too funny--this was one I needed to read today! Thank you so much for it...
Love,
D.
i want to be a mama like you!
and nag champa...yeah! i love it when the house smells of it, too.
i love this so much.
I am laughing out loud here, I stumbled upon this blog. Will be back often, I can so relate. Thank you earth mama, so great.
Post a Comment