Friday, October 06, 2006

photobooth friday: the 'breaking up is hard to do' edition


my parents. sweethearts since the age of 13. divorced when i was 23 (memory is hazy here as far as exact ages goes-) . my mom moved out and moved on the day after john and i got married. but for some reason, even though they've broken up and moved on and taken different paths, i still hardcore heart these photobooth pics (luckily i ended up with them- hence the reason why they still exist at all). they both look young, healthy, happy. and they were, i'm sure, at the time. even though things change, people change- i'm trying to take away the happy moments, the blissfully hippieish moments of my childhood. moments in a photobooth. kisses. miracles. to deny these moments would be to deny my existence completely. thank you, dear parents, for finding each other, for making it work while you did. and for being brave enough to jump ship while you could, making the most of the rest of your lives.

13 comments:

Jecca said...

Simply lovely....Love you, Jess

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

very special indeed..
Happy Friday~

mint and orange said...

what a touching post. bittersweetness...

JCharlton said...

I think it is great that you posted these. I actually have my parents wedding pic in my house I should dig it out. Thank you also for all the info on hotels and such for my little bro!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of your parents (my aunt and uncle) this is how I remember them....and sometimes forget they are no longer together. sweet...
Vinnie

AMANDA said...

Yesterday you made me laugh, today you made me cry.

angela said...

a treasure indeed. i'm in the split parent group too, but oh how i love the few pictures of them together and lovey smiling.
great post nina :)

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so sweet :)

love ya,
steph

Darlene said...

Priceless and bittersweet...but YOU made it endearing indeed, sweetness :)

Have a fantabulous weekend
(eat chocolate)

XxDarlene

Anonymous said...

They may have gone down different paths, but they are your parents, the photo is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I love their fresh faces. Thank you for sharing dear Nina!

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless....

Much love,
Tabatha

Left-handed Trees... said...

Over the winter, I was hanging up pictures of my husband and I and then decided on the spur of the moment to add a sweetheart shot of his mom and dad. My parents had a bitter split when I was 15, but I found a gorgeous photo of them on their wedding day and hung it up right beneath ours. They were married 27 years and had four kids, so they knew some things. Your photo was just lovely...