when you are at a fancypants, swanky wedding, please, PLEASE do not, in mixed company, refer to yourself as a "appetizer whore". really, no matter how much you adore appetizers in general, or the challenge of getting the best pickings of said appetizers as the servant-people come out from the back room with them...please, under no circumstances, do not call yourself an appetizer whore.
especially when the people you are speaking with are your husband's co-workers.because these co-workers, no matter how cool they seem after you have a couple of cocktails (cocktail whore!), will refer to you as the appetizer whore behind your back forever after those words escape your lips.
and your husband has to deal with the aftermath.
just a little FYI, self.

16 comments:
i *heart* you my dearest appetizer whore....
i have been known to deem self the errand whore, much to the dismay of the preschool moms....
love yah, sole sister....realllllly love yah!
A
soul....sorry...breastfeeding and typing do not always go hand and hand...
Hysterical! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. I've had those record scratching moments more than I would like to admit. I'm pretty sure I was born with my foot in my mouth! :) xoxoxo
LMAO! This "java slut" loves you! I hope Grace is doing well. Give her a big kiss from me.
I'm off to bake. This is my FAVORITE time of year: pumpkins, apples, Halloween decor, candles, costumes, farms, baking, fairs, trips to Salem, MA and KIDS!! Fall rocks my socks!!
Much love,
Tab
xoxox
There are worse things to be remembered for...seriously, who isn't an appetizer whore? ;)
Love,
D.
OMG - i LOVE this!
sometimes our secret obsessions -about food- can't help but spill out, but i say "eat you damn food whore and love it!"
there's really nothing wrong with letting others know just how much you love food.
I couldn't love you or your whorishness any more than I do! never change for anybody.
LOL LOUDLY! So I take it you did refer to yourself as this? Loving it!
thank goodness! you reminded me just in time. i have a wedding to go to this weekend and i do not want to make the same mistake.
you are the funniest, nina!
from one appetizer whore to another...
I join the "appetizer/food whore" club and will from now on call myself one.
I'm a whore and proud of it...
:)
S
OMG that is so funny!
YOU rule the school, baby. nice to meet a sister appetizer whore!
i've called myself a sensation junkie and extremely orally fixated in mixed company and, though milder, produces a similar -oh, okay- response.
i recently alienated a group of women (cool women i thought were down) at a party by telling a too-dirty joke about nuts.
gotta love us.
This is hilarious. Maybe because I tend to be an appetizer whore also. But I will keep in mind not to mention it at my spouse's work functions.
he he...there are definitely worst things to be known as...but the tip is certainly a very good one!
Fabulous you! xoxo
hi appetizer whore!
i'm book pimp and dessert slut and hug prostitute.
i like to use these terms of endearment for myself as often as possible.
when in doubt, use my inspirational quote:
"fuck'em"
heart you, a-whore.
from one appetizer whore to another... who doesn't love miniature food items. and who especially doesn't love the fact that they're FREE at said event?
my husband's co-workers refer to me as the one that has babies with a housewife... it's not my fault they're confused!
Post a Comment