
dad and ting 1988
Originally uploaded by Nina Marie Gilbert.
love this picture...back reads summer 1988
which means i was 10 and tingy was...i don't know, around 4? not quite sure what's going on with his tom sawyer hat. and my bright yellow sweatshirt reads "slave". i don't remember the full story behind the sweatshirt, except that i loved to wear it, it wasn't mine, and it made me feel slightly scandalous. as you can see, i was still sporting the mullet, along with the cool bangs that were oh-so-uncool back then. and of course, the best part of the pic is the pizza...the reason for our family drives to the beach every weekend. oh the pizza. still driving for the pizza.
friday lubbins-
n.
10 comments:
so cutsie! (this post and yesterday's).
i know, i know...i like to think of it more like "slave for your lovin'" or something. it's such a horrible sweatshirt, i know!
tingy is so little!! i love this picture.
xoxo,
steph
oh that is great!
the sweatshirt, the hat, the hair,
1988 was great
So nice! I love the clothes, don't you wonder what our parents were thinking?
yes, I love everything about this one! but you're right-- the pizza is the best part. I love that you got in the photobooth with your slice of pizza. pizza is what I remember eating the most growing up (especially all through the 80s)... delivery, frozen, whatever. we consumed a lot of pizza. still do.
great PB shot. :)
classic!!!!
love this.
these are classic. i have these. the pizza is amazing-i'm CA born and have never lived anywhere else, but DAMN i could almost go east just for the pizza! your babies and family are so beautiful. but i did very much like the close ups of your bp bangies. feel good today, sister.
I hope that you weren't offended by my remarks about the pic. It was so 80's I loved it! I'd love to host an all 80's party, with costumes and music. It would be the best!
where in Salsbury (sp?) can I find this booth you were telling me about, i'm in the mood for a little travel....
Post a Comment